Standards Alignment in CyberQuest
When students are participating in CyberQuest they are also working in the California State Standards. In addition to English Language Arts/Reading, the CyberQuest scenarios address standards in the content areas of science, mathematics, technology and history/social science. Listed below are the Language Arts Anchor Standards and the International Society for Technology in Education Standards that are covered by the CyberQuest competition. It is recommended that the coaches review these standards and be aware of ways the standards can be reinforced for each grade level.
CyberQuest supports the following Language Arts Anchor Standards:
6. Use technology, including the Internet, to produce and publish writing and to interact and collaborate with others.
7. Conduct short as well as more sustained research projects based on focused questions, demonstrating understanding of the subject under investigation.
- Speaking and Listening
4. Present information, findings, and supporting evidence such that listeners can follow the line of reasoning and the organization, development, and style that are appropriate to the task, purpose, and audience.
- 5. Make strategic use of digital media and visual displays of data to express information and enhance understanding of presentations.
CyberQuest addresses the International Society for Technology in Education Standards, including:
- Creativity and Innovation
- Communication and Collaboration
- Research and Information Fluency
- Critical thinking, Problem Solving, and Decision Making
- Digital Citizenship
- Technology Operations and Concept