Resource & Referral Services
Lending Library Policies
- The R&R Lending Library is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- R&R Lending Library items need to be checked out and picked up by a representative of a child care program or family child care home.
- Items are available on a first-come, first-served basis. If a resource item is checked out, calling the office at (559) 651-0185 can reserve the item. You will be placed on a waiting list and called when the item is available.
- Library items must be returned in good condition. Please clean toys and equipment before returning them. If items are returned with excessive damage, replacement can be an identical item purchased by the provider, or payment for the original cost of the item can be made to the R&R office.
The following items are available for check out:
Up to 15 items may be checked out for a one month period. Infant equipment may be checked out for a three month period.
Language & Conceptual, Story time, Spanish & Cultural, Science & Math, Dramatic Play and Resource Books - one month
Educational, Dramatic Play, Indoor/Outdoor, Manipulative, Science & Math, Special Needs items - one month
- Outdoor Equipment (must call in advance for pick up)
Large Toys (bikes and wagons) - three months
Monthly curriculum packets are available in the library. Limit is one per provider.
The following services are available by appointment:
- Binder Machine: Bring your own plastic spiral binders or you can purchase them from us for a small fee.
- Ellison Machine: We have seven different letter types, 2", 3" and 4" tall and
various stencils and borders. Please supply your own paper.
- Laminating Machine: The laminating machine is available at a cost of $.50 per foot.
Tulare County Office of Education
Early Childhood Education Program
7000 Doe Avenue, Suite C, Visalia, CA 93291
Julie Berk, Administrator
(559) 651-3022 • fax: (559) 651-3802