1. All competitions are open to high school and ROP students within Tulare and Kings counties.
2. Registration for all competitors and alternates must be completed online by March 22, 2024. Late entries will not be accepted. Students may not register themselves, they must be registered by a teacher/school staff.
3. The EXPO Committee has the right to limit the entries based on facilities available. Entries will be limited to eight participants per school per event unless otherwise stated in the contest description. A preliminary competition may be required at the individual school site.
4. An event may be canceled if there are fewer than three schools competing, if the competition lacks a chairperson, or for other unexpected circumstances. The EXPO Committee will notify participants if an event is canceled or changed.
5. Reasonable precautions will be taken to protect materials and equipment brought by the competitor; however, the EXPO Committee WILL NOT be responsible for loss or damage. All items brought to the contest by the competitors should be clearly marked with the participant’s name, address, and/or school.
6. Some events will take place on the COS Tulare Center Campus (TCC). If an event is at the TCC location, this will be shown when you select the competition. A shuttle bus will be provided to take students from the COS Visalia Campus to the COS Tulare Center Campus. You may elect for you and your students to ride the shuttle or arrange your own transportation back to the Visalia Campus for the exhibitors and awards ceremony. Competitions at TCC will have a start time of 9:30 a.m. to allow for the additional transportation needed.
7. The presentation of award medals will be held on Friday, April 12, 2024, after the events are completed. The exact time and location will be announced that day. No indications of placement in the contests will be provided before the awards ceremony.
1. All sponsoring teachers will receive a confirmed list of students entered in events and any special instructions from the EXPO Committee prior to the competition. Roll call will be taken at each competition – students/alternates not registered WILL NOT be allowed to participate!
2. All students must be accompanied by a teacher chaperone and must remain on the COS campus for the duration of the EXPO. It will be the responsibility of the individual schools to monitor their students.
3. Lunch is provided to students registered to compete in EXPO competitions. All other students in attendance must provide their own lunch or bring money for food trucks.
3. Disruptive or inappropriate behavior exhibited by students may result in dismissal from event.
1. Review competition specifications to determine which students you should register for each event.
2. When you are selecting the competition, please note the number of students allowed to register per school and whether it is a team or individual competition, as you will select this for each student you register.
3. You are also allowed to register two (2) alternates for each competition.
4. Look for a confirmation email after you complete registration. When you receive this, verify all information is correct. If you have any questions or changes, please contact the person on the confirmation email.
Questions regarding registration should be directed to Ruth McFarren at Kings County Office of Education.